6 Pitfalls to Avoid in Social Media Marketing
October 7, 2011
by Justine Parsons
A quick checklist to keep you on the right track.
- Don’t dive into social media unless you’re ready. You need objectives, goals and ways to measure success and accountability.
- Don’t be a big brag. Know the difference between becoming a thought leader and endless self promotion.
- Don’t be afraid to try social media because it doesn’t rely on the traditional metrics you’re used to.
- ROI will be challenging with social media, but there are ways to measure impact if you have a baseline to start with.
- Don’t use social media sites as advertising opportunities. Keep your brand human on social media sites and save your ad-speak for advertising.
- Don’t assume every social media site is good for your business. Research which social media sites your customers frequent and how they prefer to consume content.
Your comments: What other pitfalls should you avoid?