Join the Team?
We are always on the lookout for new superstars. If you work well on your own while having the support of a team to reach out to, enjoy challenges and have a can do attitude (crucial) plus the ability to provide an executive level service, we'd love to hear from you.
How to become a VA for Your VA
- Make sure you have all the skills listed below.
- Read the FAQs, Additional Requirements and all links.
- Fill in our company survey.
- Complete the VA test (you’ll find this at the end of the survey).
- Your application will be assessed and we’ll get in touch.
- If you meet the grade, we’ll add you to our ‘Waitlist’.
- When there’s a match for your skillset, Justine will interview you.
- Sign our Confidentiality Agreement.
- Undertake a paid 30-day trial to see if we work well together.
- If we are all happy, then congratulations, you’re part of the team.
- We will check your references (if required).
- If required, the client will interview you.
- Start working!
You will need to have these skills to make it with Your VA:
- Outstanding administration skills.
- Project management ability.
- Executive assistance experience.
- A strategist’s mindset.
- Marketing skills – online marketing a must.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Varied software and application skills.
- Solid understanding and practical experience with cloud-based technologies.
- A desire to go above and beyond for your clients. Adding value and using your initiative is a daily requirement.
- Fast learner.
- Be incredibly responsive.
- Have flexibility in the hours you are available to work (NZ business hours a must).
- An unflappable attitude; you may feel stressed, but you’ll never show it to your clients.
- Read our ‘Contractor Expectations‘ Document.
- Get familiar with ProWorkflow, our project management system.
- Set up a Lastpass account.
- What is the Your VA business model?
- We pair up a well-rounded VA with a client. The VA will have all of the above skills and the right personality to fit with the client. We don’t allow just any VA to work with a client.
- What do our clients expect from a VA?
- Our clients expect high quality, error-free work from their VA. They’re looking for a VA who they can lean on, someone who they can throw any task at knowing that one way or another the VA will get it done. Either the VA will work on the task themselves, or project manage until the task is done.
- Our Project Management system
- ProWorkflow is our base of operations. Projects are tracked, clients can login, and all communication about a project are kept in one place.
You’ll be paid based on the time you track in PWF, so track your time!
- How many hours a week will I work?
- It depends on the client(s) you work with and how many hours you would like to work. On average our VAs work about 10-20 hours a week during business hours.
- How much do I get paid?
- You will be paid between $25 -$30 per hour, depending on where you fit into the team and how we use your skills.
Please note: Your VA does not pay for up-skilling time. If you need to learn a new skill, we’ll point you in the right direction, but you won’t be paid for it. Your clock turns on only when you start a client task.
- How will I be paid?
- Invoices are sent through to Justine on the 15th and the last day of the month. If you’d prefer to be paid monthly, send your invoice on either the 15th/last day.
You’ll be paid within 5 days of receipt. If you send your invoice late, you may have to wait for the next pay cycle to be paid.
- Am I considered self-employed?
- Yes. You are responsible for paying your own taxes and setting up your business. You send through an invoice based on the hours you’ve worked and will be paid accordingly.
- When will I start working?
- This is the tricky part. It depends.
We’re dependent on the needs of our clients so we have a waitlist system of awesome VAs. When a client is looking for help, we search our waitlist for the VA with the right skills.
We can’t say when the right client will match your skillset; it may be a week or it may be a few months. We don’t know. If you’re actively looking for work and we miss out on the opportunity of working with you, our loss!
Once there’s a client match then it’s onto a 30-Day paid trial. This is when you will assess if you like working with us, as much as we are assessing to see if you are the right fit.
- What do I need to be a successful applicant?
- See above. If you can bring more to the table, that would be even better!
- Do you train your team?
- It is an expectation that you will upskill on your own time in any areas required or areas that clients request. You will not be paid for this time.
- How well does the team collaborate?
- We have an active private Facebook group where we chat, discuss issues and help each other with sticky situations. We have an amazing Project Manager who will point you in the right direction whenever needed, and Justine will help you out anytime!
- Can I work with Your VA around my full-time job?
- No. We’ll need you to work during NZ business hours. Our clients want the best from you.
- Will I hear from you if I am not successful?
- Yes. We will respond one way or the other. If you like we can also give you some guidance on areas that require attention. It’s our goal to help you become a successful VA.
- Is the work 100% remote?
- Usually, but not always. Some clients may like you to work from their offices on occasion, or they may require assistance with local events. If this is the case, you would be informed as early as possible.
- What if I don’t like working with Your VA
- If at any point you decide you’d rather not work with Your VA, that’s absolutely fine, we wish you all the best. Being a VA is not for everyone, we know that. So no pressure.
- Tools for Business (IRD)
- Self employed guide to KiwiSaver
- How do I become self employed?
- Self Employment and tax
- Working for yourself