25 Tasks To Outsource To Your Virtual Assistant
July 28, 2014
One of the common questions I’m asked by new clients (or clients-in waiting) is, “I’m too busy to breathe but not sure how to get started with a virtual assistant”. It’s a bit like tidying the house before your new cleaner starts … people think they need to catch up or write procedures before outsourcing to a virtual assistant. Not so!! If you were organised enough to be up to date with procedures as they should be you probably don’t need one! A virtual assistant is the parachute before you hit the ground … or the runway you use to take that plane up into the air!
Here’s a simple template to help you get started with your VA (any VA!) today but for those of you who know you need to be working smarter and are just not sure which tasks a virtual assistant can help with, here are some ideas:
Tasks your virtual assistant can do for you:
- Organise your Twitter lists
- Update your social media profiles
- Connect with clients, prospects and contacts from your social media profiles
- Send regular newsletters
- Answer your tech questions
- Manage your emails!!!
- Research and post blog posts
- Content marketing
- Website updates
- Paying your bills
- Chasing those slow payers
- Filing tax returns
- Organising your events, workshops and courses
- Drafting correspondence
- Giving your forms that professional look
- Branding … all of it!
- Editing, proofing … in short we’ve got your back
- Presentations with impact
- Transcribing all your notes
- Sending out customer feedback surveys
- Supporting your existing team
- Capture all those business cards into a database
- Manage your diary / calendar for you
- Market research .. making sure you have the info you need to make your decisions
The 25 items above took me 10 minutes (self imposed time limit!) but there is so much more available in terms of support. A
good great virtual assistant can become your right hand (wom)man. Because many of us work with a wide variety of businesses and industries we pick up tips on how to work smarter … and believe me, we are constantly learning as the tools available to you change, almost daily. We can also introduce you within our network to other professionals who can help you.
So if you’re working away under that constant feeling of overwhelm. Stop! There are a huge number of virtual assistants online, find one you click with, feel comfortable with and trust. Then start sending through those tasks. There is no reason in today’s world of available support that you should be bogged down … buy yourself some time and get searching for your very own VA!
What’s one task you’d love to move off your desk?
If you made it all the way to the bottom, thank you for reading! Please comment if you have something to share and if you’d like to receive my weekly blog straight to your inbox, please subscribe here. I’d absolutely love that!