Free Tool: Remote Access Made Easy with TeamViewer
February 25, 2014
It’s a mobile world. Remote access of computers (and Macs!) over the internet can certainly make things a lot easier. Sharing and accessing files in the Cloud is well and good but there are times when accessing another computer is a life line.
However, you may be blissfully unaware of the benefits of a remote access tool. Let me help with some examples of how I use Team Viewer:
- Solving problems my contractors may have. I can access their computer in seconds and work out the problem.
- Performing tasks or troubleshooting for clients. Using Team Viewer I can go into their system in order to show ‘how to’ do something the client is struggling with, complete a task that requires access to their computer or run a training session for their team.
- Access my desktop from my laptop when out of the office, or access my laptop from my desktop to use a programme or check a file.
A client recently needed his Outlook contacts exported to Excel in preparation for importing into Mailchimp. Rather than talk him through the process or send him a tutorial before leaving him to it, I was able to log into his computer and export the contacts in minutes.
Last week a contractor was having a bit of a battle with an Excel formula. Rather than sending emails back and forth or talking it through on the phone (blind) I logged into her PC where we could both control the mouse and we identified the problem. Pronto!
While on holiday last month there was a couple of times where I needed to access my desktop in order to answer client queries. A cup of coffee in a wireless cafe, PC accessed, query answered. Boom!
- Online Meetings – have up to 25 participants
- Online Presentation – boost your sales potential
- Training Session – cut costs by conducting training online
- Online Teamwork – collaborate online on documents in real-time
- Multi-Platform – use TeamViewer with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone, and iPad
- Simple – start your first online meeting in just two minutes
- Secure – benefit from the highest security standards
- More features
So if you’re looking for a free and stress-free way to remotely access another PC, look no further. I highly recommend Team Viewer!
Your Turn: Can you think of a time in the last month when you either have accessed or needed access to another computer?