13 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Resource Library
May 29, 2017
Let’s reduce your rework and communication inconsistencies, while adding value for your clients with … (wait for it) a resource library for your business.
Imagine your business's templates, SOPS & resources in a visual, user friendly online library. Click To Tweet Imagine having a client email you asking for a copy of the presentation you delivered back in 2010, and you have the link ready to email them in a matter of seconds! Or you’re ready to put together an online learning programme you plan on launching to a new market, and the resources are on hand, ready to go. Imagine having one of your team leave you with no notice due to an emergency and you’re able to bring his replacement up to speed simply by giving them access to a set of SOPs. With a resource library any of these would be a reality.
13 reasons why you need a Resource Library for your business
- You spend too long searching for documents.
- Many of your docs are inconsistently formatted.
- You’ve put years into building your blog but old articles are forgotten and unused.
- You’re looking at creating an online programme and have the info you need, it’s just all in your teams’ head.
- You currently have resources spread across your website, your hard drives and in various places in the cloud.
- You find yourself writing the same emails in response to queries.
- Your team doesn’t have access to information when on the road.
- New staff don’t have information they need to learn the business.
- Giving your clients access to information would add value to your service.
- Having all your information on branded templates would create a better impression.
- Having all your information documented would be an asset for business to be considered as part of your exit plan.
- You and your team work from different versions of a document.
- You’d save time by having templates available.
Making the setup easier for you
We’ve pulled together some information based on our experience creating resource libraries to guide you through the process, step by step. This free guide to creating a resource library includes a full list of the benefits in having your own library, a checklist and a full procedure so you can create your own. Starting right now!
Your library will be a living beast, constantly updated and constantly used. By keeping the whole thing simple, with a table of contents which is perhaps accessed from your website (or multiple pages depending on the level of access) linking through to your resources, you’ll ensure the project is completed and in doing so, create an asset worth it’s weight in gold. Or worth it’s weight in … time, in customer satisfaction, in your team’s performance … the list goes on!