What Do You Promise That No-one Else In Your Industry Can Promise?
May 16, 2012
by Justine Parsons
I promise to deliver a ‘one stop shop’ experience … but finding my USP wasn’t easy!
We all know that to be competitive in today’s market we need to identify our Unique Selling Point (USP) but in many industries where competition is fierce it can be difficult to identify where you stand out from your competitors.
A fantastic client of mine (Caroline of Body Target) kindly emailed three questions she came across which will help identify your USP.
- What do you promise that no-one else in your industry can promise?
- What can you deliver that nobody else can deliver?
- What do you believe that only you believe?
Not easy questions but by finding the answers you can then identify your USP and start to build your marketing strategies to highlight this to your demographic – it could be the deciding factor on whether your potential client emails you or chooses your competitor.
- A computer repair company offers his customers a loan laptop while their computer is in for repair.
- A beauty salon keeps a library of books for their clients to read while waiting .. and take the books home to finish!
- A marketing consultant offers free workshops for client’s ‘shop floor’ staff.
- A dry cleaner provides a free pickup and delivery service.
- An accountant does their client’s annual budget at no charge.
What do you promise that no-one else in your industry can promise? Share your USP in the comments below – we’d love to hear them.